Monday, January 11, 2010

Quote of the day:


I'm currently about 47% potty training as of late. I thoroughly understand that 100% effort on my part has to be put forth in order for success to be achieved in this beautiful coming of age. Truthfully, I just don't know if I've got it right now. Both my older boys were good to go (literally) at 3 1/2. Brody just turned 3. Perhaps my 47% is just a little too much (or too little) right now.
Just picture my utter delight upon first finding then cleaning up his POO this morning. He decided that the CARPET in the hallway was a good enough place for him.It didn't help AT ALL that our carpet is a lovely shade of brown. grrrrrrrr
As I'm wiping I'm firmly discussing the importance of using the toilet and and not the floor....dogs use the floor......we are not dogs....gross....we don't want to be gross......toilets.....toilets are good......eye contact....firmness...........
"Can I have a piece of gum, not Cole's gum but udder gum?"-"And I need socks."

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who lectures while scrubbing floors! Udder gum. I Udderly love you. You're such a great mom! Potty training boys has been a different animal for me, and you've done it 2 1/2 times! My favorite is when we have to use a public restroom with a different "seat" than ours at home and the potty goes everywhere but into the toilet, and we don't have a change of clothes and he lectures me on how he "told you that I couldn't use dis potty!" and I feel horrible.

jessica said...

I am so not looking forward to potty training a boy. Eden practically potty trained herself. I'm seriously scared of it...

Oh and that yellow get up is ridiculous! But I have to say that Maya had a periwinkle colored one...

Emily Kern said...

I HATE POOP. I only hate it more when it is smashed into things that I do like, like carpet and clothing. Wish I had some pearl of wisdom I could share with you, but I don't! Only this...eventually he will poop in the toilet. And when he doesn't he can clean it up himself.

kir said...

It's always so good to know as a mom that you can totally get through to your child--and who doesn't love udder gum??