Tuesday, December 16, 2008

House update

So it's completely and utterly freezing around these parts. I'm not a huge fan of being cold so this week has been a doozy. Lots of school delays and sweater wearing...not a lot of blogable stuff going on. However, here's a few semi recent photos of our house progress...it's coming along.
#1-Handsome tour guide Kyle in his front "office." We're having concrete stained floors so he's showing the tile/grid markings in his future retreat.

#2-View of part great room/eating area. The middle cutout with the window above it is where the stairs go up to the boys bedroom's. I am happy to report that in the last 2 weeks they have been added...along with the entire upstairs.
Happy children


View from the backyard.
So it's really starting to get exciting. Kyle went and priced out our windows today...wooo windows! It looks different every time I go out and visit. The inside walls are all set and now you can really tell where rooms/closets/a PANTRY (I've never had a real pantry before) will be.
In the meantime, I've got to go layer up...Jack will be waiting. I'm sure excited for him to ride a BUS next year!

4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

This is so exciting! I will look forward to more pictures!

kir said...

Look at the grid on the diagonal markings for Kyle's home office--these floors are going to be so lovely!! So glad you're taking photos along the way--totally fun!!
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

The house is looking incredible! Can't wait to see it! Well, I can wait- just came in from soaking up some sun on the dock at the lake. The kids are done swimming and we're headed to Downtown Disney tonight. Hope you're feeling great and sorry I missed you the other night! Chat with you soon!

Molly said...

Keep the photos coming! I don't know what it is, but I just love watching the pieces and parts come together. It's amazing to me! I keep hearing that the snow is ridiculous on your roadways....are you chugging along smoothly on your daily excursions?