Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can you say "Quirky"

O.k. Lorri- this is for you:

There are many things that I do that would be considered a little "cooky," however, for the sake of this post-we will refer to them as my special "quirks":

1. I am a big fan of oral hygiene. I brush at all hours of the day. I buy new toothbrushes often. My night time routine consists of brushing/flossing/brushing again. Then, it's time for chapstick application, only Natural Ice will do. I've tried other brands, they just don't fit the bill. Put simply, I like the feeling of clean teeth.

2. I HAVE to have a fruit or vegetable at lunch and dinner. I grew up this way so it has been ingrained in my brain. I truly enjoy vegetables and don't feel that a meal is nutritious or balanced if there isn't some form of veggie on my plate.-zucchini, broccoli, green beans, squash, you name it. On nights when I don't feel like making anything and I just pick up a pizza (for example), I'll serve salad,green beans or carrot sticks and apple slices to balance off the pizza guilt. I've even been known to serve salad with every meal AND a veggie or two. Kyle has just learned to roll with it and eat! I think it's really important to get your kids comfortable with fruits and veggies early. I do have 3 boys that love asparagus! Oh and all vegetables must be eaten before dessert is consumed..no questions. And yes, dessert is a priority at our house.

3. I have no problems wearing the same outfit 2 days in a row
If it looked cute, I felt good in it, I wasn't seen by those who I'd see again the next day, and it didn't get dirty....by all means, put it on again!

4.I always look behind shower curtains/under my car:
Blame it on an old "Charlie's Angels" episode I saw growing up. Picture a young and sexy Kate Jackson applying makeup in her bathroom completely unaware of the fact that a man in an Ape suit is on the other side of her shower curtain! ARE YOU KIDDING ME....creep me out. I do not like being scared and just prefer knowing that there isn't anyone behind my curtain, or anyone else's curtain for that matter. I also make sure that no one's hangin out under my car as well...I keep my eyes open....always open!

5.I organize toys by "Themes":
Kyle thinks this is "quirky" about me, I beg to differ. I like things organized, sue me. Yes, action figures in one box, blocks in another, Mr. Potato Head, pretend food, babyish reject toys, etc. each have their own clear rubbermaid bin for easy access and minutes of enjoyment.

6. I cannot work out with makeup on...YUCK!
I am a sweater. Not a v-neck, or a turtleneck, not even a ribbed, but a gal who sweats when she works out. I enjoy sweating, it feels good to me, like I've done my job. I don't understand ladies who come in to "workout" with a full face of makeup on. Why? EEEUUU. I could hear the zits forming if I did that. It just seems so gross. No makeup, clean face.....lots of sweat!

Boy, those aren't very interesting but that 's what ya get. Anyone else want to share?

4 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

So similar to me - especially the makeup thing.

kir said...

I love my "quirky" sista!! Ok, so the whole Charlie's Angel ape suit thing? Curtis has been pleading with us to be able to buy an ape suit of his very own with his own money and everything. Up to this point, I didn't really see the practicality, but now, if it worked/didn't work for PYT Kate Jackson, mmm-although we have a "no-scaring" policy in this house (the lady of the manor can be a bit jumpy-there's a quirk), so he couldn't wear it and hide in the shower, but perhaps it could still come in handy somehow, mmm...
As your sister with very similar genetic make-up (that would never be worn to work out in-hilarious), I, too am a big fan of the fruits and veggies group and like to share that love with my lucky fam! One of my favorite fruit centered tid-bits occurred on the way home from the Happiest Place on Earth (where unfortunately, even delicious out of state grown bounty cannot cross that precious California border)-Paul commented that our crew had not eaten that great the last few days. He then popped out "Hey-but you ate a banana!" Yes, as the mother of the fam, I took one for the team and ate a whole banana-still reaping the health benefits, I might add...
-xoxo-Kir

Emily Kern said...

Those are pretty healthy quirks! I think of you and your flossing lecture every time I floss and I also love a balanced meal, but I have issues with what colors of fruits and veggies can be served with a meal; the more colorful the healthier, in my mind.

Angie Penrose said...

love your quirks. :) we need a playdate!