Sunday, August 3, 2008

hiatus...done


So I'm wishing that there was something huge and exciting to report that was the cause of my blogging absence...nope, just didn't have anything exciting to report. So instead I bored myself daily with my last "Stuff" entry and called 'er good. But no more, there's soooooo much to report on. So hold on to your wigs and keys everybody, and try to keep your shirt in the modest position.

First of all, nothing to do with anything-why am I THEE ONLY one who has the ability to re-install a roll of tp in the bathroom in this house? maddening.

Had my mom and brother Jens over for dinner tonight.The boys love uncle Jens..even though he's been known to break elbows. He and Cole have made up nicely. So I made a deliSH mixed berry cobbler for dessert. I crammed every fresh and frozen berry I could find into that thing knowing that Jens would fully dig it. WHAT???.......all these years I never knew he HATED berries. He gave me the 'ole "like the flavor hate the texture" song and dance. Yea, so that went over real well. I was however very pleased with his graciousness about the whole situation, he just sat there and stirred and stirred.






This guy got his "little man" swing finally put up. He worked through the initial lift off shock and all is now well! Yes, my child was waiting for the flood, that's how we roll on Sunday afternoons.
These 2 are back to fighting crime and wearing new protective gear on wrong body parts ie: wrist guards on the knee. Whatever, ..but by all means just don't BREAK anything!











Kyle is a fun dad. This was year #2 for the annual father/son/uncle/cousin/grandpa fishing trip to Canada. Aunt Cori and Sophie joined the crew this year and the boys had a blast. I so appreciate a husband who will take the time to make memories with his boys.





Tangled mess of fishing line....fun times!
So that's that folks. We have a little cast removal happening tomorrow....exciting stuff, stayed tuned!

4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

That is very exciting stuff. Kind of like my life...excitement is all relative I think. I am right there with the TP installation problem. Sometimes though, SOMEONE will get himself a new roll, but heaven forbid he should take the old roll out and put the new one in...no..it is much easier for me to do it. For Pete's Sake, you're sitting down aren't you? What else are you going to do? By the way, how do you get the cascading picture effect? All I have figured out is the big picture right in the middle. Enlighten me please.

kir said...

I love that you and Kyle can both gleefully smile at the right time coming thru Space Mountain- I always look like a spaz with an internal organ that has just burst or something delightful like that! I'm just anxious for your 2 crime fighters to get out of the "claw" and come clean up the mean streets of the Wasatch Front...
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

Glad we got to see "the cast" before it was history! Love the reminiscing the rollercoaster pic insighted! Also, glad the fishing trip brough back fun memories and not a camera soaked in H2O. Glad to see you're back. Hope to see lots from your Utah adventure!

libbie said...

Just caught up on your blog. So funny! Well, not the whole breaking of the elbow thing, but everything else. I can totally relate about the tp thing too. Its like its the hardest job on the planet for some people. And that Costco crazy lady? Gee Whiz, I have people ask me all the time if I am going to have more kids. Its one thing to have people I am close to ask me, but complete strangers . . . WIERD!
Is is bad/sad that I would have picked those blueberries right up off the floor and ate them?