Monday, August 18, 2008

Great big fish and Utah adventures









So we are all finally home. Kyle and his dad have returned from their much anticipated fishing expedition to Great Bear Lake in the NW terr. of Canada. Yes, they were lake trout fishing right off the Arctic ocean...fun! Float planes, ramshackle bus transportation, and lots of boat time made one sweet vacation for Kyle.



While he was gone I took the boys down to Utah for a little rendezvous with the cousins. It was the longest drive of my life getting down there....holy cow! I didn't lose my cool ....that bad, until we hit Caldwell Id. Let's just say:
1- public park bathroom....3- squirmy boys......95 degree heat.....1- mother trying to hold spastic toddler to prevent any and all germ contact, 1- 4 year old needing help with his "zippo" and 1-6 year old holding soggy paper bag full of lunch from Wendy's and half sipped capri suns. Do you see where this is going?? Yes, when all chicken nuggets and side salads hit the floor I kinda hit the fan. Boy was I thrilled to get back in the car and keep on 'a drivin! We finally made it and had a great time. Thanks cute cousins for swimming and sleepovers! We sewed, we swam, we ate, we watched Psych...all the good stuff. It's truly a shame that we do not live next door to each other.
Lucky Kyle got to take the working/good camera so I have nothing to document my trip with but high quality mental pictures and Jack's scooter+pavement incident.









We're home, we're tired, we're ready for school to start!

2 comments:

kir said...

Now I feel like I've been to Northwest Territories, Canadada, minus the ramshakle buses, etc.-nice photographic documentation!! I must say that Jack's scooter/ pavement "episodic evidence" has held up maybe a little too well...so sorry about that one!! Miss you already!!
xoxo-Kir

Elisabeth said...

so can relate to you...so glad to be back home...