Monday, May 30, 2011

The rundown...

Family update time:


Jack:
All of Jack's cub scout dreams finally came true when the Pinewood Derby rolled around. Kyle hooked him up with a sweet looking Batmobile and all was right with the world.  Unfortunately it wasn't the fastest car on the track but that was all good. We prepped him for possible failure on the car ride over, reminded him of good sportsmanship, and talked up all the dessert possibilities when the whole shin dig was over. Yea for root beer floats!
 Mr. Batmobile and his chief engineer


Some top contenders....love the Lego block..it took 3rd!


Cole:
Little Mr. first grade is rockin the violin. He has passed off all 9 songs needed in order to move into the "big kid" (2-5th graders)room. These are all the big kids who know lots of violin stuff and have played for at least an entire year longer than Cole. It's clicking and I LUUUUUUV it!
Mr. Big Kid room

Brody:
The smirk kinda says it all lately.

Quote of the day:
Me: "Brody just eat your breakfast so you won't be hungry in an hour...don't come whining to me about needing a snack cause ya won't be gettin one!"
Brody: "That's o.k. mom, I'll just sneak one when you're not looking!" -said nonchalantly with above smirk. I remind myself that patience is a virtue on a daily basis with this sweet child 'o mine.

Kate:
I adore this girl...this one right here with crazy hair and Mr. Potato head glasses. She's hysterically funny even with her 3 word vocabulary: Mamma-Nya Nya (snack/treat) and Ba-Bo(bubbles). That's it, that's all she's got to go along with her constant gibberish. Oh that and her shrill, high pitched, fake scream of terror she busts out whenever Brody is approaching. She totally works it. 


Kyle: I hooked him up with the biggest can of peanuts he's seen to date. It doesn't take a lot. He's a happy happy man.

As for me, I'm really content. Life is good. Bring on June!


2 comments:

kir said...

Oh, how I love the KThoms!! The Batmobile turned out so fantastic--I would award serious style points for that one! Then Mr. teensy violin in the big kids room, what a guy! And Brody, Brody, Brody--just this morning after my "inside" workout (yes it will be June in 2 days, but with the rain, sleet, and 40 degree-ish morning, hmmm) I came down to find Brody's cousin Cael with a red popsicle in hand and I asked him what he was doing with that particualr item so early in the morning without asking. He said: "it was because I couln't find any chocolate ones..."
(He and I may be on a different wavelength...)
And Miss Katie Kate with her potato head glasses-good thing she knows people who can adequately fill a potato head box to its full potential...
Come see us soon--we'll supply the Planters...

Amy said...

You've got some cute kids there, Kari! I'm glad Eliza's not the only one who is struggling in the vocabulary department. I can tell she's got a bright mind, though. Just look at her - Woody strapped in the front of the basket, glasses on the face. She'll be speaking paragraphs before you know it! Oh, Josh has his first night of being 11-yr. old Scout master. He's PUMPED!