Saturday, May 14, 2011

A simply lovely visit...


Airplane behavioral score...9.93 out of 10..no joke. Miracles do happen.

Oh how I love to experience Utah, especially in the spring. I've returned from my annual favorite sister visit with lovely treasures for my home, a perfect jumbo cupcake cake pan for my little lady love's birthday next month, and minus one library book that's now up for grabs on Southwest flight 646. Dang it. 


We shopped for hours all over the valley... it was glorious. One fun stop included: Orson Gygi


Do yourselves a big fat favor and visit Orson Gygi if ever in SLC. It is a food/cooking/baking/eating/entertaining lovers dream. Rows and rows and rows of awesomeness. I could live inside the store.


So my favorite sister Kirsten is UBER (all caps) talented..I'm seriously amazed at the amount of things she can handle and accomplish successfully at one time. She's a mom to 5 and works part time at a funky and fabulous quilt/material shop. She can sew anything and everything and her talent never ceases to amaze me. She's started creating her own patterns a while back and it's so fun to see her vision become  reality. It was "Quilt Market" week in SLC. That's where vendors from around the nation come to get a look at what's hot for the upcoming season in the fabric world. The queen of all fabric/pattern designers out there is the amazing Amy Butler . She was in town for Quilt Market and came for a meet and greet at the shop where favorite sister works. It was magical.

Favorite sister Kirsten unfortunately had to pick up Amy and her assistant Mallory at their hotel to bring them to the event. Bummer deal huh? Nothing like sitting next to your idol and talking fabric and colors and cool stuff and patterns and prints and even more cool stuff.

Kirsten and Kendell with the newly detailed suburban. All fruit snack wrappers, apple cores, teddy grahams, orange peels, DS game cartridges....cleaned out. Amy Butler needed a ride. 
 
I'm very pleased to report that she was absolutely lovely in every way. She couldn't have been more kind and gracious (and tall) and her new line is once again to die for! Google her and check out her house and studio....simply spectacular. Look at her scarf..I mean how cool is that?


While I shopped and talked fabric sweet 16 year old nephew Curtis babysat Kate. She finally crashed flat on the floor still carrying a picture that her momma was in. Pretty cute.


3 of my favorite ladies....


It was so fun to watch my sister shine in her element with all talk of fabric and patterns and measurements and such. Her talent is super impressive...maybe she'll need an assistant one day? I can detail a suburban like no other. 


1 comment:

kir said...

Ahh, Kari!! You so have the assistant gig and I could not have done any of it without my #1 mom and #1 sis (and of course #1 Kate, who is an absolute lovely)!! You are a phenom with the car detailing and a gem in life. Thanks again for removing so very many apple cores--that just wasn't right...
Thanks for coming and I love you...
xoxo-Kir