Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The waiting is over....


The welcome wagon..with an added orange sombrero. I guess anything south of the border must include a sombrero.... and maracas.

2 years is a  l-o-n-g time to wait for anything. Last night the waiting was over for my fabulous brother and sister-in-law. Their handsome valiant elder finally arrived from half way around the world...Buenas Aires Argentina!



Waiting out the flight delay with Reese's Pieces and an Ipad.
 Now I've been waiting for 2 years as well, for a little something different and waaaaaay less important. It does warrant mentioning however since the time span worked out rather well. See, I've been wanting the little lady to finally fit into the infamous "tulip shirt" I bought her when she was still but a wee thing in my belly. I absolutely adore tulips and then you add red stripes and a navy blue cardigan ......ugh, it was just all too much. Fast forward 2  l-o-n-g and waaaaaay less important (compared to missionary work) years later and what better occasion to take the outfit for a spin than welcoming home cousin Coty!


The somewhat hidden "tulip shirt".....believe you me, they were there in full effect .....and they -were- adorable.


Cute cousin Sidney with Kate.....Reese's pieces in a mini cup and the tulip shirt


The tulip shirt with red mary janes AND pigtails.....finally!   Pigtails were the cherry on top to the whole ensemble.
And speaking of finally.........

What a champ.....Elder Thomas is HOME!!!  A stellar example for my boys and all around great person!


Brody anxiously explaining his welcome home "Batman and Robin" sign.


All together again!

A fabulous occasion that was well worth the wait!


No comments: