Monday, January 3, 2011

Magic Strings..........

I really love that my boys are learning to play the violin....at school in fact, it's the greatest opportunity. I debated all summer on whether or not to transfer them to yet another school this year but the chance to learn violin won out......I had to.  


Their first Christmas concert: Cole learned 2 songs- a rousing rendition of Twinkle Twinkle and thee best Jingle Bells I've heard to date.
Always deep in thought holding a perfect waiting position...it's the cutest thing.
Two handsome fellas after the 1st grade performance...
The cousin shot with darling Sidney...who is currently tackling the cello...

I've always had music in my home growing up so it's a big priority to me to keep that going with my own family. My piano skills are limited at best. I stopped playing too soon.....ugh, how I wish I would have just stuck with it as a teen. I'm reeeeally hoping that my boys dig this thing because their mother totally loves every squeaky//off key/sour//complete wrong note that comes out of that tiny little fantastic instrument.  

I made the right choice.

2 comments:

libbie said...

I wish so badly that I would have learned the violin or the cello. Instead, I think I will insist that my children do so I can live vicariously through them :)

Amy said...

ENVIOUS!! My husband learned to play the viola, but is so rusty he doesn't feel comfortable playing. I say there's nothing more lovely than a stringed instrument. Great decision to remain at a school that provides THAT opportunity.