Friday, January 7, 2011

Going full circle....

If you give this gal an Ipod..she will eventually dance.

Dancing will remind her of happier, lazier... more care free evenings that didn't involve providing anything for anyone.

She will even dance and sing along to "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus.

Upon this display of crazy.... two of her sons will stare in stunned disbelief.

Her middle child who has been home sick from school for the previous THREE days will exit the room with disgust.

Dancing mother will continue to clean up mess from delicious dinner she loving prepared.

Dancing mother's cracked winter hands will continue to sting with throbbing pain with every drop of water.

Middle child will begin coughing uncontrollably upstairs.

Upon hearing MORE coughing, dancing mother will stop dancing, roll eyes and pray that it will STOOOOOOOOOOOP! (I apologize after every eye roll...I know he's sick and I am quite compassionate.... however,  I'm just a bit done with hearing coughing every BLASTED minute of every BLASTED day).

Coughing upstairs turns to crying and moaning which dancing mother knows means only one thing: Vomit

No more dancing.

Middle child will cough himself into a vomit inducing frenzy which lands him into the bath tub.

Child # 3 and #4 stare in shock and awe at tubside.

Mother is now thrilled with the thoughts of drenching her cracked and stinging hands into bath water as well.

As coughing/vomiting child calms in tub water, sheets are removed and put in the washing machine down stairs.

Back upstairs, child #3 and #4 proceed to make themselves at home in the bath water..fully clothed.

Mother's night keeps getting better and better.

Child #3 gets pjs on...admits his lack of judgement on bathing fully clothed, takes out wet clothes from hamper and hangs them out to dry. Awesome.

Child #4 receives fresh clean bath by herself..minus clothing and prepped with sleeper suit.

Child #4 's hair is an anomaly in itself. Genetics from her father have produced fabulous curly swurly locks that only a little lady could pull off. With a little love and styling from her mother, she can pull off quite a do.

Freshly bathed hair with zero product, bow, or tiny barrette yields quite a different outcome. I give you the Tears for Fears curly mullet: 

Tears for Fears...80s classic and personal favorite.


18 month old Kate...also a classic and absolute favorite.


As the little lady sipped her warm milk... getting in the sleeping mood, I thought to myself, man, she's rocking a serious Tears for Fears mullet tonight. I turned back on the Ipod... next song on rotation....

Tears for Fears.....I kid you not.

And this mother began dancing again.

True story.


5 comments:

Amy said...

WAAAHHHOOOOOOO!!!! You are my hero! I totally believe this story, and it could only happen to Kari. AWESOME. I hope you can get some salve for your cracked hands. My mom used to suffer through those in the winter. Kate's cute photo also reminds me that I need to toss the bottles PRONTO at our house! HEEEELLLLLP!

jessica said...

So hilarious and so not all at the same time. I heart Tears for Fears! I would love to see our ipods together. I'm pretty sure they have identical playlists...

kir said...

One of my most favorite posts of all time!! And just so you know, you do have some completely phenom dance moves and do not let stunned looks of absolute amazement/ astonishment/ slight horror on the faces of any of the Jr. Kthoms convince you otherwise. It's a mad world, and everybody wants to rule it...

xoxo-Kir

libbie said...

this is the best post i've ever read. seriously. and i've read a lot of posts! LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!!

Jaimy said...

Your little girl is darling and I love those curls! What a cute blog - it's fun to see what you're up to!