Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Celebrating 50 years!

I have often said that I hit the jackpot when it comes to in-laws, I truly adore this couple. These two got married 50 years ago....can you believe that? I guess when you have a lot of love and whole 'lotta faith -getting married at 17 during your senior year in high school is the right thing to do! I know I'm sure glad they tied the knot.  In celebration of this monumental occasion we wanted to do something fun and a little out of the ordinary. We chose a weekend in Leavenworth with all the cousins.

The happy/freezing/gracious couple..

Our sweet digs...very Bavarian and very cold.

Grandpa and Grandma with Nate, Sidney, Sophie and Jack having some anniversary dinner!
Except for cute Elder Coty..the grand kid gang was all there! I do believe that Kate was most excited about the entire picture taking experience.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, totally picturesque. It warmed up to balmy 6 degrees...just in time for our horse drawn sleigh ride.

My thoughts exactly....it was that cold!

Brody...too cold to speak....


I LOVE these pictures..totally in the moment. Aunt Lorri always makes things better....whose up for another song??

Cute Bella and Sophie...no complaints from the front row!

Bob and Wish..our beautiful and fearless leaders/horses.

She literally froze to my shoulder just for a minute...o.k., that's a little extreme but I did wear my scarf around my head like a turban 'cause my ears were burning so badly I truly believed they were turning black or were just gonna fall right off my head. Either one.

Isn't that a lovely sleigh....a two horse open sleigh in fact!

Frozen Brody had HAD it....no more anything!!

It was such a fun weekend to do something different and special. Celebrating 50 years of marriage on a wintry adventure was perfect ..thanks for saying "I Do" grandpa and grandma. You are loved! 

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard about Leavenworth, but we haven't been yet. My friends go during Thanksgiving break! Congratulations to the Thomas in-laws! 50 years is a BIG deal!

kir said...

Love the lovely and magical Bavarian Wonderland!! I esspecially love the singing action shots you know that curtis would totally be belting out the toons there with cousin Cole-- Good stuff

shoppingjordanonline said...

It's Healthy to Have a Dog
People who walk their own dogs get more exercise.
Coach Bags
Coach Outlet
Coach online
cheap Coach purses
So that's why the say a dog is a man's best friend!

Your pet just might make you healthier, according to a new study from Michigan State University. People who owned and walked their dogs are 34 percent more likely to get enough physical exercise.