Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween festivites and free advice



Just so everyone is aware: "Nevo eat "newds" standing up. They-o bound to bounce all o-vo the place." -Cole


And...you're welcome.

I'm just a big fan of October in general. You add a fabulously fun holiday like Halloween and a few dozen pumpkins and I'm good to go. I'd have to say that this year's festivities were my favorite so far. Yea, I'm gonna go with that answer.


The day was just right. Kyle worked in the backyard all day. I cooked all day. The boys played all day. And Kate was a dollhead all day. My cute sis-in-law Jen and 2 of her 3 little ladies + her parents (whom I adore) were in town from Utah and came over for dinner before trick or treating. My folks along with favorite uncle Jens came as well. With culinary inspiration oozing (thankyou dear PW) I managed to make 2 big pots of pretty darn delicious soup and carmel corn for dessert. Nothing like yummy soup and corn dogs for a crisp Halloween night

Dash, Mrs. Potato head (cousin Bergen) , Indiana Jones, and Buzz

Man have we gotten our moneys worth outta these costumes.








My cute festive mom in her fantastic orangey sweater.


Matchy matchy orange squared cousins Kate and Quincy.
I let the boys keep a baggie full of their favorite treats and sold all the rest to a local orthodontist. $18 bucks later and we are done!

6 comments:

Amberly said...

What?! A local orthodontist bought your Halloween candy? 'Splain that one for the curious among us.

Cassie Jensen said...

Love the halloween update! Wish I could have a given those little goblins some squeezes! Such cute matchy cousins- hope you are enjoying your autumn!

kir said...

I just want to know if Mr. Incredible ever found his boots??
Corn dog and soup nite at the KThoms sounds fantastic--good call and AWESOME costumes all the way around!!
-xoxo-Kir

yennu said...

Those were some very delicious soups. We had such a great time enjoying your lovely home and food. Hopefully Ava will be healthy next year so the entire family can get together. ThAnKS aGaIN.

Emily Kern said...

You know, I have had that problem with nerds, but have never thought to explain it so eloquently! I can hardly wait to see more detailed pics of your new house!!! See you in a little over a MONTH!!!

Alison said...

I like your idea to sell the treats...unfortunately I'm reading this after I ate all their good stuff. Sad but true...I have no control when it comes to chocolate.

Cute costumes and such cute baby cousins! Can I bother you to get your new mailing address? Thanks cousin! xo
alison@rcn.com