Saturday, November 14, 2009

In need of an asprin

It's Saturday and I have a splitting headache. Causes: 1. I'm wearing a hat today (not a wash hair kinda morning) 2. Kate is still screaming (not a nap kinda afternoon) 3. I'm starving (I guess not a preparing meals kinda day) and 4. my kids keep tattling....how is that spelled?



And YA WANNA KNOW THEE WORST.....I AM OUT OF BLACK INK CARTRIDGES ( and I was even already at Walmart this very morning) AND NOW MY PRINTER IS STUCK AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS FINISH MY BLASTED RELIEF SOCIETY LESSON WITH OUT LITTLE BOYS WHINING FOR CANDY AND COMPLAINING THAT THEIR BROTHER IS MOCKING THEIR SNOWMAN EXPLORER OUTFIT.



-No I haven't seen your Pirates of the Caribbean gun.

-Yes you can have a Hershey Kiss thingy

-No you may not have a juice box

-No I haven't seen your water bottle.



Then this guy pipes up on the stairs next to me and creepily says..." Hi Jack, you wanna play?" I ask you......when will his batteries die?

NO..I just want my baby to stop crying, my boys to stop arguing, my lesson to be done and presentable, and a gigantic hunk of meat perfectly seasoned and prepared (with a lovely salad on the side) on my dinner table STAT!

5 comments:

kir said...

Just let Calgon take you away to visit your favorite sis in Utah, and leave Elmo behind...
(**and just so you know, our talking Arthur "you're my best friend! Things looked fuzzy before I got glasses!" and our talking Mike Wazowski (sp?) that Paul won at a work thing probably 8years ago "I've got my eye on you!" are still going strong, and yes,they both freak me out when I am trying to put Cael down for bed or something of that mellow nature and either of these chatty stuffed toys decides to pipe up with some litte verbal gem**)

Emily Kern said...

Ahh, you are singin' my song! I am also tired as all get out of crying, fighting, tattling. Sometimes I just put my earphones in and listen to a few tunes on the old ipod and tune out the rest of the naughty world. Here's to getting everything on your wish list SOON!!!

jessica said...

Will the tattling ever end!!!!!? That is my fingernails on the chalkboard these days. I know this post was for you to vent but it sure made me smile:)

I am out of colored ink and yes I needed it for my lesson. ( I was going to make cute handouts) And yes I too was at Walmart on Friday and forgot to get one! GRRRRRRR

yennu said...

I feel your pain sista - happy thought and deep breaths!!

Amy said...

I sometimes forget to comment when I want to, so sorry this one is belated. I'm sure you're feeling better from this post, but still...wanted to send you my love and condolences. The thing that bums me out most about all the whining/fighting/stuffed animal back-talking is that it's only NOVEMBER. Mercy, it's going to be a long winter. (quiet sob)