Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the day

It's already after 3:00. Where has my day gone? I had such high hopes for accomplishing things. Instead I'm casually perusing blogs trying to find :

1. a dresser. My bedroom is still holding onto a few boxes. Boxes which contain random pairs of pajama pants, a gazillion pairs of tights(I don't know how I have accumulated this many seeins that I only wear them in winter...sometimes) old swim suits, Kyle's long johns for hunting, ya know...those crucial pieces that make any outfit complete.
2. rugs. Our lovely new home has heated concrete floors. I have always loved the rustic look of concrete floors and agreed to them on the terms that they wouldn't be freezing. They are not freezing, they are coldish. Thus, I need rugs.

3.earrings. I don't need earrings, I just love them and would love to buy them everyday. But I don't. grr.

I did do 4 loads of laundry, that's impressive. Especially now that the timer on my dryer went out and I have to set another timer and make sure I hear that one so my clothes don't burn up or shrink to smithereens. Neither would be cool.

I did do my Biggest Loser workout again. I'm on a roll. Well, trying to avoid literally being rollish is my goal. Getting to my happy place "gym" isn't in the cards right now with the family schedule so I've got to do something and beautiful Bob is my something . It felt good. On the BL topic my feelings are this: I do not enjoy Tracy or Daniel or the old obnoxious southern lady with yucky painted nails who just rubs me the wrong way every time she opens her mouth which is far too frequent. I'm done with all of them.

So now the bus will be here shortly and the older fellas will return and "my day" will be over. I have successfully not gotten to the store, returned the movies, or mailed off bills. However, I did find some fantastic earrings on Etsy and Brody found some yogurt and Kate finally found her napping place. All is well.

4 comments:

Cassie Jensen said...

Sounds like every one of my days! But set your sights high and maybe one day you'll achieve it all... maybe. And, if not, oh well. You've got beautiful kids, a beautiful house and Brody found a yogurt. What else is there in life?

jessica said...

Four loads is a HUGE accomplishment missy! Having a baby sure does suck the hours out of your day. I am even more unmotivated to do anything with this snow on the ground!

Amy said...

Sigh, I hear you. I'm looking for a good workout DVD. Can you send me the title of that one? Do you like it?

Tippy Stockton said...

Hello there sweet girl - was trying to find your e-mail but this will work. Thanks for loving your new bracelet. It looked marvelous on you, darling!!! You have a gorgeous family and I'm sorry I laughed my head off when I saw the pics of your sweet baby girl with all of her headbands. So funny!!! Keep in touch and thanks for finding Tippy Stockton. Keep your eye out in my shop for some new and fun things for the holidays. Don't forget, you have a coupon!!! Patricia :)