Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My number four..the little lady

I feel like she's been hidden these last few months. Only local yocals have really met my little lady which is truly unfortunate. She's a doll baby...literally. A lady in Target the other day stopped me mid aisle to clarify with her daughter that I was indeed holding a live child and not a doll. Now really folks, does a grown woman browse the Star Wars aisle with her icee drinking 2 1/2 year old holding a dolly? She's still quite small, and quite bald, so maybe that threw the lady off.

I was just informed that "Kate's qwying" by Mr. Brody. That is a regular occurrence around here these days. She's a crier. She really enjoys being held for long extended periods of time of which I have little..thus, crying ensues. We're learning to roll with it though and each day she gets bigger and better. I'm loving her smiles and if I'm not mistaken she actually giggled just a smidgen today. She still has blue eyes which is totally bizarre in our brown eyed family but I'm loving those as well.

Hopefully Kyle will locate the crib and set 'er up this weekend so the insanity known as "nighttime" will come to an end. I do NOT enjoy sleeping with my children, especially those that cry a lot and have blue eyes. I'm a big believer in the power of the crib.Everyone needs their own space...even little ladies. Anyday now I'm hoping for some good solid sleep. It was a cruel trick to have 3 previous children who slept through the night at 3 months and then this little lady. I adore her but man I would just LOVE to sleep for like 4 hours straight without a single stirring of my soul.

As my number four she is fantastic. She's the princess of the house in that she has the undivided attention of her 3 older brothers and they do any and everything for her. I love watching them baby her, they're real naturals and it's pretty darn cute. So besides her tiny stature, bald head, excessive crying, expensive formula, constant bum rash, and stinky chubby neck, Kate is the little lady of the house and my perfect number four.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amberly said...

She is darling. I would love one of those - the baby and the fact that she is a girl - or even just a baby.

Emily Kern said...

She is such a little dolly! It was so fun to hold her!

Mishali said...

What a pretty baby!! I remember when your oldest boy was born... Hilary and I came over to the gated community house and held him... Now you have four!! Holy smokes and holy cuteness!!

jessica said...

FINALLY!!! A real picture. I have been waiting and waiting...she is so PRECIOUS!

I am all about my babies in their cribs. They are attached to me all day I at least want my space when I sleep. I'll be sending Miss K some sleeping vibes tonight.

Cassie Jensen said...

Yes, she's quite the lady! Glad to have had the priviledge of meeting her- and, yes, love the blue eyes! I'm telling you, our little ones might just be meant for each other... both blue eyed beauties amongst families of brown eyes! Love her and love seeing her grow! Nice job, Mom!

Alison said...

She is so cute Kari! She definately looks like she belongs in the Thomas family! =)