Sunday, October 11, 2009

The week/end review and what not

Am I the only one who has been rudely bombarded with enormous and disgusting amounts of fruit flies these last 2 weeks? My house is by no means spotless but random plates laying around with caked on leftovers you will not find. This influx is baffling I tell you.

Wait a second....

NICE......Brody's contribution in his bedroom (upstairs no less) to helping mom fight the good fight vs. the gnats. Isn't that how you spell nat....gnat? Anyway, a 3/4 eaten apple, a pair of plastic vampire teeth, and a pin lanyard from Disneyland. The perfect combination for a 2 year old's bucket.


Some ladies husbands bring home flowers for a surprise. Not mine!!! This is what I got as a big fat juicy SURPRISE and welcome to the family this last week . I have yet to formulate my entire emotions on the subject so that will have to wait for a later post. Until then....I really like FLOWERS. In case your just dying to know his name: Chance the wonder horse. He's not even 2 yet and he's quite hyper. I've watched him several times start at the end of his "for the time being" make shift corral get a running start and try to leap the fence. That's right, leap the fence. What in the world would I do if this dear pony actually succeeded in his escape attempt? The point is I DON'T WANT TO BE WORRYING ABOUT PONIES IN MY FRONT YARD AT THIS TIME IN MY LIFE. Deep breath. What's done is done and Chance is here to stay. Maybe next week for our anniversary I'll get some flowers.... or maybe a beautiful bucket of grain or possibly a lovely bale of hay.

No school on Friday meant go play at the park. We decided to invite Bill Cosby.


And finally we ended the week/end with taking all four kidlets to the 3D Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature. Everyone but Cole, mom, and Kate made it through the entire show with out a little shut eye. Yea that was fun coming out of the theatre at 10:30 with kids who had just woken up and whose parents had forgotten their jackets. Pixar shows are fabulous.....3D Pixar....even better.
So there you have it. Gnats, ponies, Bill Cosby, and Toy Story. That my friends, was my week.

7 comments:

yennu said...

GNATS are everywehre at our house. I've killed too many and yet there are always more = ) I'm glad I'm not alone. You have A HORSE/PONY. My girls are going to be begging to come over. Hopefully he will stay put in his new little home!

Emily Kern said...

I know how you feel. Once Ben brought home a newborn calf for me to feed and nurture and eventually butcher. (That was kind of a morbid little poem I just wrote there!) I hope that since there is a new horse at the Thomas home, that there is also something in the way of a suitable front door???

Cassie Jensen said...

And now I have the gnats, too, thank you very much. Are you sure you didn't pack them up and leave them in my car the other day...? Chances are.... that horse will someday not be a thorn in your side. I wish you the best of luck- my girls are jealous- and I am hoping you both have a very romantic, childless, gnatless and horseless anniversary!

kir said...

Hey, hey, hey--did you bring any jello pudding pops on your park excursion with Bill??
Love love love the pic of Miss Kate in both color and sepia!!
Perhaps instead of a bucket of great grains, you could get a comb and brush and some pretty ribbons for Chance, the Wonder Pony--Halloween is coming, and I'm pretty sure he will be wanting some of the getting all dressed up action!! Good times, sis, good times...

jessica said...

We have the gnats...I've inhaled a couple while running, so gross! And the horse...well I'm not sure how to comment. I'm sure your husband is a sweet, sweet man, but I think I might have strangled Aric if he came home with such a crazy gift!

Nicole said...

Paul and I are at Lake Chelan and I decided to get caught up on my blog reading with all the kiddos in bed. Paul looked over when I clicked on your blog and he started reading it out loud. By the time he was done my stomach hurt (no kidding!) and I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! It was all funny but the bale of hay for your anniversary- that was a good one! Yes, Kari- you were missed during your blogging absence! And Paul said you should write for Jay Leno! Maybe in your spare time!

Nicole said...

Okay- the Bill Cosby part- also hilarious! Wouldn't have thought of it but very funny and I can see the resemblance!