Monday, July 25, 2011

The view from my Saturday

Shout and sing the sun came out on Saturday morning!


 Little lady was rockin' sweet hair and equally sweet morning breath as she made her appearance downstairs.  Everyone (except for the Mr.,  and a tentative Cole) was all smiles for today my friends... was race day. I had been looking forward to this day for months. A family 5k was on tap for the morning. It was time to spend outside together being active and healthy....sounds sublime! 

My Morning Kate ready to start the day. I do love a good pair of rain boots. You really can pair them with any outfit....so functional. Especially since it has been raining 85% of these last 2 summer months, but whose counting?!



My thrilled and supportive hero!!

 Never mind my mess of hair or the fact that I wore the
 "gigantor glasses that take up half your face...." the entire time,
focus on the fact that my darling other half agreed to run our little town's annual 5K with yours truly and our older fellas.  This wasn't the funnest thing ever for him but he did it for me simply because he's cool like that. This was big, it was huge...he's not a "public runner."  Neither am I for that matter but I've learned to get over it. It helps if you wear gigantor glasses that take up half your face....no one will see you! -Be still my heart.


Then we came home all tired and sweaty. The sun was still shining..this too was a big deal, so I ventured out and picked a bowl full of beautiful from my garden.

Now that was just a plain old fabulous day!  

No comments: