Saturday, February 12, 2011

Viva Las Vegas.....


If you ever find your way down to Vegas say for an awe inspiring sheet metal trade show or something like that...might I suggest you try a few things:

Try opening your curtains every morning and not smiling when this is the site that greets you. Good morning Eiffel Tower and shaded ice pool..isn't it lovely?  

Please indulge in the best lemon chicken ever to be consumed. The green beans cooked to perfection were equally incredible.

Go to Bobby Flay's MESA Grill. I am a huge Bobby fan and his sauces did not disappoint. This my friends .....is his signature BBQ sauce. It was simply-spicely-divine. I tried making it at home..obviously not as good as Mr. Flay, but pretty tasty none the less.

Not the most amazing thing I've ever eaten but still very tasty. Can you tell what it is? I had a signature Chile Relleno (?) stuffed with too much cheese and not enough eggplant and coated in a cornmeal crust. Right up my alley in theory but not exactly what I was expecting. The sauces though...man oh man, if I only knew what they were it would be even more of a thrill.  Mystery hot pink sauce....ya got me?!

If I were a wafe and could eat anything /anytime I would eat Serendipity's frozen hot cocoa daily...maybe evening hourly. It's that tasty to me. I am far from wafe and I'm still thinking about it. 

Because you're a History channel nerd and do enjoy a good "Pawn Stars" episode...Google the location and do a drive by, preferably late at night in the creepy part of town. And when the sign says Open 24 hours in giant red neon lights -don't get too excited to go in and see it for yourself. Read the hand written note on the front door that states the "new" hours and watch the shady workers staring back at you from the inside and just walk away. It's probably for the best.

Take lame picture after lame picture in hopes of getting ONE decent shot of both of you withOUT double chins. Hard to do.

Meet up with -even for 30 minutes in Paris :)- your darling cousin Amy who lives in LV. and you don't see near enough. Laugh about kids, siblings, old times at Utah State and just life in general. 

Visit the completely impressive Hoover Dam and learn oodles of interesting facts such as: Workers who weren't issued a hard hat dipped their baseball hats in tar to protect their heads. How 'bout that for safety standards.
And then question the chances of the "favorite shot of the entire trip" being taken at the Hoover Dam with a lovely background of power poles, rock and cement...oh and shade...lots of shade.

Try not to worry that you can't find a good Pillow Pet kiosk. Never fear...they're right next Willy Wonka, Mr. T, Batman and the lady with very-very little clothing on.

So there ya go.....Las Vegas! You were quite fabulous in a let's go shopping, keep your blinders on and just enjoy the food kinda way!

2 comments:

kir said...

Fabulous Las Vegas completely welcomed you--thank you for the Bobby Flay play-by-play, lovely pics and I do believe you that the food was heavenly...
Maybe I read this wrong, but did you really find the ONE lady with little little clothes on? Hmm...
Love the Pawn Stars pic, and good move to just go with your gut and keep moving on with that one...
xoxo-Kir

Amy said...

I am willing to be 100$ that Chumlee was running the show on the night you drove by. That sounds like just the kind of stunt he would pull. Ha! Cousin AMY! She looks exactly the same - ever beautiful. How fun you guys were able to connect. Great times.