Thursday, August 26, 2010

The summer that was 2010

It's "Meet your Teacher" day today at school. Summer is coming to an end. I am tooooootally o.k. with it!

Just a little Summer 2010 review:

My tomatoes lookED lovely at one point this summer. After spending a week in Montana and hiring a 10 year old neighbor kid to "water" them..uh, hum...they don't look as lovely. They were my first attempt at a green thumb and I have been pleased with their progress. Currently, they are so gigantic they are falling over themselves in their pots. What a mess. Next year, in the ground, in a literal garden!




KATE: She's been working on some great thighs, driving her pink buggy, growing incredible amounts of curly/crazy hair, and making messes. Why do I fold laundry?














JACK: We ran another 5k in July and have one more planned for October. They're fun to do together. This last race, he beat me and that's pretty cool!

He had buddies come play and eat fudgesicles.





And how could I forget..... He LA-HUVED Cub Camp! It's great to be 8!













We went on the Cascade Mountain Scenic Railroad Tour....and scenic it was.

Grandma and Grandpa Madsen were totally fun and took the whole crew out for a day on the train!













Uncle Aaron and cousin Quincy enjoying the view....











Look.....THEE Mt. Rainier, amongst the clouds!



This was the face I saw the entire ride up...."No Cole you may not have another Twinkie!"


Cole: This guy played A LOT of Legos. He is amazingly creative and can come up with the coolest motorcycle/ fighter jet/ turbo space station/ commando/ war transporter that you have ever witnessed.









Brody: He's almost 4 and thinks, acts, talks, sasses, reacts, jokes, and questions like he's 11. Enough said.



*Oh and I wanted to show my favorite sister how my little lady beads turned out for girls camp. I taught an early morning class on the importance of "Being a little more kind.." I found a blog with this great idea to use sour patch kids with the note attached saying, "Keep your words soft and sweet, you may need to eat them!" The bead was a big hit, hopefully the "kind" idea will be a hit as well.





















































































3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey, I am loving the cute hand-out about kindness, could you be so kind to share the website where you found it. I am desperate for a few new cute ideas.
Love the pics of your kids, they are cuties!

Emily Kern said...

I love the handout!!! So stinking clever. I am so excited to run in October with you!! Can't wait to see you!

kir said...

How slow am I?!! LOVE your darling beads and handouts!! They turned out so fantastic!! I am sure your class was fab--way to go, and it is always a good to keep those words soft and sweet...
-xoxo-Kir