Friday, August 13, 2010

The much anticipated....eagerly awaited debut of...Hannah Montana


My very favorite in-laws bought a real life...no kiddin...official ranch in Montana. They've been spending quite a bit of time over there lately. I don't want to say that they've officially "moved" over there cause I'm still a bit selfishly sad about the whole purchase. You see, I truly do enjoy my in-laws. The simple fact that they usually live up the street from my very own home has been a wonderful blessing. My kids adore their grandparents and I love the influence they are in all of our lives. With that said...they love Montana..or as we in the Kyle Thomas family affectionately refer to it as, "Hannah Montana."


It all went down like this: they invited Jack to come stay a week alone with them and we planned a trip to the ranch to go pick him up.



The looooong ride consisted of treats like the coveted 'ring pop', occasional cat naps by the little lady who despises her car seat, a quick visit to the Montana Antique mall in Missoula, and one too many "Chicken in a Bisquit" crackers which really are way too stinky and greasy for any extended amount of car travel. I digress.


We finally arrived and I found my first born city boy had magically transformed into a small cowboy ....happy as a clam in his big 'ole hat!







Within 20 minutes of arrival we decided to stretch our legs and take the city kids on a little walk around grandpa's lake. It sure was a good thing I still had my flip flops on and Kyle was packing heat (a 22 rifle) cause we stumbled upon this glorious creature slithering and rattling amongst the grass. TOTALLy GROSS!! It still gives me the eebie jeebies thinking that my baby's bare, darling, chubby loaves of bread feet were dangling happily from her stroller as we walked the lake. My city self was wearing FLIP FLOPS for heaven's sake. I know flip flops and Montana don't mix but I had literally just gotten out from the car and was just going on a little nature walk . I'll just say that Kyle saved the day and is a darn good shot.

-Uncle Mark was totally impressed by our rattle snake encounter...



Sweet Kate who is on the verge of full on walking, became one with the grass.... could the ranch house get any more delicious? Inside it's filled with bead board, hand made quilts, thick white molding, original door knobs, pedestal sinks and built in cabinets in the living room. Truly a beautiful home. Their hard work has really paid off!




The 4 wheeling was SO MUCH FUN!




















We even went to a real rodeo. Can you tell who the city folk are? Brody was thrilled to FINALLY eat a hot dog after waiting for the rodeo to finish.Then, if the hot dog wasn't enough... all of his 3 year old dreams came true upon meeting this friendly pup named......Brody!







Uncle Mark and cousin Sidney fishing in grandpa's back yard, literally.





And the "Favorite picture from the Trip" award belongs to:
cute Mr. Cole and handsome grandpa with the most fantastic red barn. Quite a trio!


The big boys and their "catch of the day."










Kate's favorite past time.....knocking pop bottles over. It was SO fun!






Kyle's favorite past time: watching elk by the hundreds in the foothills above the ranch house. It really was beautiful, like a western safari if you will!





And finally just to prove that I really was on this trip...the front porch shot!
We seriously had a great time. It was the best having Uncle Mark, Aunt Lorri, Courtney and Sid join us for a week in the wild west! Great company, great conversation, delicious food, beautiful scenery (minus the snake) and fun memories!
Thanks grandpa and grandma for making Hannah Montana a huge hit!!




















































3 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds and looks like a FANTASTIC place to visit! I was hoping to see a picture of the rattlesnake....but I may be better off without "seeing" it. I definitely need to get back into blogging. :)

Emily Kern said...

Oh, I want to go!!! Too bad for the snake...remind me to tell you a story about a snake sometime. It features Pat as the hero. And she wasn't packing heat. Just a shovel. Love the update!!

Cassie Jensen said...

I was waiting and scrolling to find the pics of the inside of the house! Dont' hold back after that teaser! Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to catch up-