Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm pretty pleased.....

4 years and 2 kids later I finally got around to planing a family photo shoot. We planned it out so that my entire family would be together for the big event and that in itself is a huge accomplishment. (Thank you cute friend Angie photographer extraordinaire) !

-please do not be concerned....Kyle, Jack, Uncle Allen....everyone's eyes are o.k., just a little case of the bad download.....


Come on....these turned out pretty cute!





I bought some old crusty frames at an antique shop and the Goodwill. They were originally a boring shade of brown (not to be confused with a hazy shade of winter). I wanted to bring out the mustard yellow in Kate's dress and pop against the teal of the background. I gave them a good 'sandin, then applied my stain.



I'm loving them.









4 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, I love them too! You've never been afraid of color, which is fantastic. Cute family. I love you Madsens.

kir said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE (note the all caps which means I REALLY REALLY dig) the yellow frames!! and of course the cute KThoms in the frames...

-xoxo-Kir
(aka-the sis with the tilty head)

Emily Kern said...

Oh, I do love those frames AND the beautiful pics!!! You are just so amazing!!!

Angie Penrose said...

LOVE the yellow frames!!! I must have one! :) a trip to the goodwill is in hand! :)