Thursday, May 14, 2009

The view from my Thursday

Nothing huge to report. It rained....again. Sooooo isn't helping the "Hooray for......Spring????" blues. My energy level is mediocre at best these days so at 9:05 after Jack left for school, I called it.....official stay at home all day-Day. AND, if you're 7 months pregnant and your wee babe is resting comfortably on your tail bone 24/7, pajama pants are completely appropriate.

We started off the day with our mid morning snack. Cole-"Mom, Bwody is starting to make a mess!"
Mom (who happens to be reading her morning news online) "O.k., I'll be just ONE second."
Cole-"Mom, the whole bag of bootay is dumped out on the count-o and all ov-o the flow."
-FANTASTIC!

Next up: A little brother play time. It started out so sweet and my room started off so clean.






We put in BOLT (which I still can't manage any desire to sit through myself but that's beside the point) and Brody just wanted some quiet time. So obviously he found the most comfy spot possible.
I just wanted to read my magazine....is that too much to ask? I'm 23 pages in so far.


Finally, I baked treats. To me, that's what rainy /stay at home all day days are made for. I went for Peanut butter bars that did turn out pretty tasty if i do say so myself. To lessen the guilt factor 1/2 got shared to other willing calorie participants.
Now it's almost time for dinner. I made meatloaf that is smelling quite tasty in the oven. Am I the only one who enjoys an occasional meatloaf?
Hmm, maybe I am.
Well how about that, I finished my post. This was therapeutic for me. Instead of feeling like I didn't accomplish anything today I can say, I BLOGGED...in my pajamas..... at dinnertime.....when I should have been peeling potatoes.

5 comments:

kir said...

Fantastic day, my dear and so great to talk to you earlier--it always adds to my afternoons to get to chat with my #1 sis!! And hey, good news for you--Stacy and Clinton would have no objections to you sporting the pajama pants in the comfort of your own home for any length of time, whew!! And yes, I guess I am completely speaking for them, but I have seen enough of their rules to know that pajamas are not acceptable "out and about" unless, say, the Claw had a city-wide PJ day and then it would be totally cool...
xoxo-Kir
--oh yeah, the PB bars look mighty tasty and I love your pretty Mother's Day picture...

Cassie Jensen said...

Peanut butter? Why was I not invited?! You deserve a rainy-day-pj-stay-at-home-watchin'-movies day
even if you weren't 7 months along! Porter had one of those himself yesterday as well. (don't tell anyone, but when I got home from HFPE last night, he was in bed- STILL in those SAME jammies!)I love my floor, though!

erin said...

And I am so jealous about the peanut butter bars! I have PJ day whenever possible. Boston is good BTW...70+ degrees today :-) Miss you!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

What a great day. I love being in my pj's and eating anything with PB in it.

As far as the birth of Owen goes, one word. C-section.

jessica said...

Sooooo tired of crapy weather. Yesterday was a great big tease!

And we are having meatloaf tonight and I would be in my pajama's if I didn't have a painting job today.