Monday, May 11, 2009

Thoughts from Mother's Day..

Just like my birthday...I do enjoy a good Mother's day as well. I enjoy having Kyle make me breakfast in bed. I enjoy having all my little fellas and one big fella hang out together afterwards...minus the crumbs, not a fan of toast crumbs in my sheets. I enjoy receiving chocolate at church and being able to actually listen to my meetings. I enjoy getting hand made cards from my kids that say fantastic things like:
Jack: "I love to hear you sing in church."
What's your favorite thing about your mom...."her hair."
-Well, how 'bout that. I never knew.
Cole:What's your favorite thing about your mom...."she helps me take a bath." -Tis true.
As we sat in the drive through car wash this weekend I had yet another motherhood epiphany. The sun was shining, we had some groovin tunes going, and the fellas were singing and smiley. I looked back in my rearview mirror at all their handsome faces and just smiled....they are MINE! How lucky I am. I said a little prayer of thanks, sang along, and drove on through so grateful to be a mom!Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amy said...

Awe, great post! Happy Mother's Day indeed. Hey, no fair lookin' so cute in your maternity clothes. I look downright frumpy and totally '90's. I love your hair too - loose, wavy curls (lovely). It's fun to see you in front of the camera!

Tfamily said...

Those boys definitely love their mom, and what a great mom you are! Sounds like you had a happy mothers day. Another present... Coty ran up and read that you passed your framing inspection. Whooo hoooo insulation here we come!

Cassie Jensen said...

Beautiful mom, beautiful boys! I can just picture that sweet pea in all her pink frufru standing at the end of that line- glad you had a wonderful day, you deserve it!

Emily Kern said...

What lucky boys to have such a loving mother! I am glad you had such a nice day! You do have great hair...always have!

jessica said...

I love those moments when all is right in the world...then you leave the car wash...

You look darling in that picture with your boys.

Thomas family said...

Your boys are so lucky! Also, You look amazing...totally adorable prego!