Friday, November 5, 2010

Looking on the bright side....

 I'm a happy person by nature. I'm definitely a "glass half full" kind of gal. Today however... I'm a bit blue..no,  annoyed is a better way to phrase it.

You see, I'm flying solo in the parental department till what seems like forever. I've got 4 solid days down. Many more to go...blasted hunting season. I've done it many times before..it's old hat. But this time it's a little different....looooonger. I like CO-parenting, I'll leave it at that.

 Other mentionables that I can complain about .... for just a minute:

#1- My Most favorite hilarious and witty local radio talk show host and CHANNEL that has been my oasis of conservative sanity in my liberal desert of a state for 16+ years is changing its format to ........OLDIES MUSIC! You have GOT to be kidding me.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH say it isn't so.......I'm speechless!

2# I've lost my cooking mojo temporarily--- and I'm still hungry.

#3. I spent a delightful evening having dinner with one of my most favorite friends for her birthday last night. I wanted steak. I wanted steak with polenta. I ordered steak. Steak with pancetta. Polenta and pancetta are two VERY different things. I hate pancetta.

#4- I blame my steak and "P" word confusion on lack of sleep. I do not sleep well without a man in the house.

That's all. My minute is up. Now, onto wonderful mentionables as of late:

Big shoes...who doesn't love little kids in big shoes?!


The fellas were solving mysteries outside. The case at hand: How did the nut get cracked?

Glass half full: I'm kinda 'gettin really good at making bread.
Glass half empty: I'm kinda 'gettin really good at eating bread.

Just a little candy corn toss at pack meeting...

My boy earned his Bobcat and I earned this lovely yellow shirt.


This guy can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 3 different ways...bet you didn't know that was even possible. Oh but it is!

And my sweet little Cole is rockin the teeny tiny violin as well. He licks his lips in complete concentration and says, "Oh let me thstart again.." over and over...it's a hoot!
 There, I feel better already!

4 comments:

Janeen said...

I so understand the loss of cooking. I am trying to get back in the grove of cooking again. End of summer throws me off.

kir said...

First of all, radio format station changes--boo!! unless it's a format I like, but it's a no go on those oldies. Perhaps another station can play smart and fill in the void??
For a looong second there, I thought I was looking at some fresh loaves of Panera (sp) bread fresh from the oven!! Ooooh, delicioso!!
Don't worry about the cooking rut--holiday season is upon us, and as long as mint, pumpkin, and/or eggnog are invoved in your dishes, you'll be completely festive and fine...
Oh, and saweet yellow top--I think you earn a merit badge every time you wear it?? Kinda like "every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings"?? Maybe??
xoxo-Kir

Charlotte said...

very cute pictures, love the one of the little kid in massive shoes :)

Jaimy said...

Kari - love the yellow scouting shirt! I opted for khaki. Who knew the day would come??!!