Monday, October 11, 2010

The weekend that really worked for me.....

Super sweaty and super speedy Jack 
Favorite running partner and BFF Emily who flew up from CA.. Starting off the weekend with a tricky 5k amongst the forest dodging tree limbs and puddles..good stuff.

Can you spot the Columbia River Temple?

When kindred spirits you've known since the 4th grade are about to give birth for the very first time... the good and right thing to do is to gather together.  You gather together and eat one too many divinely inspired strawberry cupcakes, go out to a meal that you didn't have to prepare, buy way too expensive but worth every penny hairspray, stay in a lovely hotel over night, hike a big mtn. in the early morning wind with a fantastic view and spend hours in the car laughing, singing, and contemplating life on your way home. I must admit that I have a great life...case in point! 

6 comments:

jessica said...

Running, Friends and Food....Perfect!

Emily Kern said...

I sooooo love this post!!!! I had such a marvelous time. EVERY SINGLE MINUTE. Lets do it again soon!!

Emily Kern said...

ps..glad you like the hairspray. I TOTALLY agree.

yennu said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time. It looks like soooo much fun. A weekend off and filled with friends renew you for months to come ;)

Cassie Jensen said...

Hey stranger! Looks like fun! Maybe I should take up running after all- hope to see you soon!

Amy said...

What a cute group of gals! I love that Molly, soon-to-be-mommy. How exciting! Nothing better than getting together with friends to get you through the winter! Oh, pop quiz… What was the name of Annette Pyne's fish? It's plaguing me.