Thursday, July 2, 2009

Introducing........


Kate Linnea Thomas:
Born: June 30

5 lbs. 8 oz.

16 inches

totally adorable



OH so much to say and so little energy.

Long story short...she arrived 4 weeks early. I went in for my usual Monday appt. after having a semi stressful weekend. She hadn't been moving enough for my liking all weekend and by Sunday night I thought I should go in. I decided that because I already had my ultrasound scheduled for the next day I waited it out. Ultrasound showed 2 week lack of growth and lower than liked fluid level. Combining that with her slow kick count my dr. decided that I needed an amnio to make sure her lungs were developed so that she could induce me. All this was unexpected and a little scary. The amnio thankfully showed her lungs were ready enough and I started the glorious inducing process around midnight on the 29th. I won't bore you with gory details other than she arrived safely Tuesday morning. NICU nurses were there to check her out and found nothing of concern. She didn't even need oxygen...amazing. She's so incredibly small and dolllike - it's a little scary doing the basics like diaper changing. The whole girl thing is totally throwing me off....I'm loving it though...as are the fellas! We are all so thrilled ( Brody...ah, not so much, he's coming around) and still in amazement that she is finally here.








So on to moving...that's TOMORROW...can't wait. I don't know what my computer life will be like in the next 8 weeks so I have to get my fix in now. I'll hopefully figure out guest blogging on my mother-in-law's computer. Life is so crazy and busy and exhausting right now I can hardly see straight (literally...the sweet newborn schedule has begun). But how can I complain, I'm gushing over this little gal, finally my Kate is here!




















11 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww, so wonderful! She made it in June! :) Love all the pink. Take good care over there! ~Heather

kir said...

HOORAY!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Baby Kate Linnea Thomas!! What a dolly!! For the record, we love the pink carseat and the Thomas fellas, as well...
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

We are all in love with her already! It wasn't difficult though, you guys make beautiful babies! Can't wait to see her grow! Welcome, welcome baby Kate!

Angie Penrose said...

Hooray she's here!! Can't wait to meet her! Glad all went well. :)

jessica said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy sweet kate made it safe and sound! Get some rest....congratulations!

Amy said...

I'm so happy for you. Thanks for the blog post. Man, a new mommy getting to the blog already!? You are truly amazing. I'm so glad baby Kate arrived safe and sound. Congratulations, friend.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations to you all! I'm so glad to hear that she arrived safe and well. What a sweet miracle. Enjoy!

Emily Kern said...

Oh!!! She is so amazingly adorable! And look at you, you beautiful Mama!!! Congratulations!!!

happychow said...

She's beautiful, Kari, and you're right, very doll-like! (My trio were all 5 lbs, I totally know about the "little" baby thing). So glad that everything went well! Enjoy this time, even though it's crazy...
And by the way, my boys have been talking non-stop about the Thomas boys from daycamp... I guess they're having a good time!

libbie said...

Oh MY!! She is gorgeous . . . and so are you! Look at how stunning you look after just having a baby! My nose would be twice that size! I'm glad everything went okay!

Alison said...

Congratulations! She is a darling little dolly! So glad all went well with her delivery. Hope you are recovering well and getting some sort of sleep. =) Good work! XO