Friday, July 18, 2008

What to do??

I have this toddler, he's a beast. He's into EverYTHING! I love him, I have to remind myself of that fact many times a day.
Yup, that's a juice box he retrieved from the fridge. I put in the straw...everything else..all on his own, even the crossed legs.


At nap times, I USED to leave him books to look at cause I am a very nice mom. With this kid even BOARD books are not safe from his wrath. As demonstrated above, he wasn't too thrilled about nap time the other day and when I came in to check on him, this is what I found.

A perfectly good book ....made from CARDBOARD, torn apart, page by page and then.... shredded. I even found a piece of paper in his mouth when he woke up. What to do with this kid?

Both of the big guys desperately needed new shoes. After searching numerous stores (grrrrr, I'm not into sketchers and they are everywhere) we finally found some suitable sneaks for Jack and even a pair of clearance flip flops-yea!

Poor Cole, not so lucky. I found a great pair of sneaks....fantastic clearance price.....2 sizes too big. What did his retardo mom do but buy him the shoes that are TOOOOOO big just cause the price was so good. DUMB me. Now he walks around like Bozo the clown -trying his darnedest not to fall over and says, "But I like big shoes mom." What to do with these clown shoes?

As stated before, I was not blessed with green thumbs. Last year I planted this beautiful daisy plant of some sort. It was gorgeous and I was excited for it to bloom again this year. I don't know what the heck is going on because this beast won't stop growing and blooming. It is so gigantor and top heavy now that it is completely falling over, smooshing other plants and looking ridiculous. What do I do with this thing?


Parenting, shoe purchasing, and gardening tips welcomed and appreciated!













4 comments:

kir said...

Brody, Brody , Brody- we love him!! He is growing up and he just wants to be independent, like the elf, Herbie, from "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer"! He wanted to be independent and also a dentist, perhaps Brod will decide on the dental route??...
Real sorry about the board books in the crib-grr. In our house, that has pretty much meant the end of books in the crib, perhaps to be tried again on a "good behavior" basis-yea, good luck with that one...
Love the shoe deals, the sweet flip-flops are grand, and I love the "super-sportedness" of gimpy-arm Cole with the clown shoes, after all, who doesn't love giant shoes?
As for the daisies, cut the troublesome ones and put them in a lovely vase, so you can enjoy them in the home, just as much as you do outside the home!
Does that answer all of you questions? I'm on quite a roll here...
-xoxo-Kir

Amy said...

Great post! I laughed. I cried (poor Thomas). Let's see what I can add. My 2-year-old is a walking demo-crew. Honestly, I should hire the kid out. He can get into anything, anywhere and ruin it with lightening-fast speed. I went outside to get the mail, only to return to find him covered in peanut butter. What the...

I like Kir's idea about the good-behavior books. Another suggestion would be pushing his nap a bit, because he might not be ready to zonk (hence the relaxing exercise of destroying a boardbook). Maybe push it back a 1/2 hour and see if he doesn't crash right away.

As for the flowers, cut them way back if you are done with them. If you still enjoy looking at them, get some twine or rope and some stakes, and use it like a pony-tail to prop up the flowers (at the base of the plant, where you won't see it) so they aren't drooping on your other plants. I have a similar flower in my yard. That's what my mom suggested, and it works well.

Shoes! Let your fingers do the walking, call around to some other stores who might have the style/size you want, have them sent to your nearest store, and then exchange them. Some stores will do this for you, if you ask really nicely.

How's little Cole's arm healing?

Kristin said...

Why do they have to be so dang cute when they are being naughty?

Holly Beaird said...

That's a bummer about Coles arm, those trampolines will get'em every time! Nice attitude about the whole situation, I don't know if I would have been so calm, well on the inside I would have been freaking out. Besides the bad things that happen (Coles arm breaking) your blog cracks me up!